My personal thoughts about life with a disability and all other things I consider important in my life.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

3 Weeks

IT's almost Christmas Eve. Joy. I'm still in a very ba-humbug kind of mood.
Vertigo will do that to a person.
Try decorating a 5' tree and being nauseated just trying to get the lights on. So nauseated that no food for the rest of the day would be just fine by you.
And you still have to put the ornaments on.

This is where the story gets a bit comic... Not that I'm in a comic kind of mood. I keep trying, it just doesn't flow right now.

Anyway, we got the tree into the house and in its stand. We set it on an antique sled my great grandfather made to make it look a bit bigger, and to take up less room. So - I water it. I look about a half hour later and it needs more water. Woo! How cool! I water it again. My cat is looking. Then I notice the stream. The stand has sprung a leak.

Great. Just what I need. 1 and 1/2 quarts of sugar water in the rug that I just shampooed a week before. Dad goes to K-Mart for another tree stand while I shampoo that spot and dry it out as quickly as possible so we can put the tree back in position.

Today - I mop the floors with a brand new mop. It left a bloody film on the entire floor - kitchen and diningroom. I get to mop the floor again to get rid of it. Yeah - I need to do every job twice around here. It's what I live for.

And now we have a front racing through that is wreaking havoc with my balance. All I can say is, I'm going to bed. I feel like shit, I have to go out tomorrow and I'm not sure I'm going to feel like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home