My personal thoughts about life with a disability and all other things I consider important in my life.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

5 Years and Counting

I have Vestibular Neuritis.

Did you know there are 13 different diagnoses for being dizzy, off balance, vertigo or other "vestibular disorders?

While this blog is about mine specifically, I'd love to hear from folks who also have "invisible disabilities". Those which people can't see, but you have to have one of those disabled signs for your car. The ones that people give you dirty looks over.

Or better yet - the "You don't look disabled to me", "I don't consider you disabled." That's my personal favorite. And then there's, "you're only disabled in your mind."

Well, until one of these statements pays the bills, allows me to have a social life, allows me even just one of the things I no longer am capable of doing, I might actually listen. But they don't. So I tend to tell people to go bugger themselves and walk away crying yet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home